Thursday, August 12, 2010

Creamy Wild Rice Chicken Soup

From Erin May
Makes 6-8 cups

Put 6-8 cups water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
Add 2-3 chicken boullion cubes.
Cut up and boil any veggies you would like... I put in 2 carrots, 2 stalks of celery, and some diced onion.
Add rice from a box of Long Grain & Wild Rice mix (Rice a Roni, Uncle Ben, Farmhouse, etc).

Meanwhile, make a rous using:
2-3 TBS. butter
1/4 c. flour
Seasoning packet
from boxed rice
1/2 can evaporated milk (I would use the whole thing, though) (and any milk will do)

When rice is cooked, add rous and cooked chicken. Salt & Pepper to taste.

*I made this last night, and I used almost a whole can of milk, and it was creamier and better than previous times I have made it. We also don't add chicken, 'cause we are weird like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment