Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Banana Chip Muffins

From Jessica DuRee
Makes 24 large muffins or 48 small
(or if you're like me, 12 large and 24 small)


1. In a large bowl, beat 1 egg, 1/3 c. vegetable oil and 1/2 c. sugar until smooth.
2. Stir in 3 bananas. (Jessica used frozen ones and pureed them in her blender. Fresh ones seem to do the trick as well --and I blended them for easy mixing).
3. Combine 2 cups flour (I use 1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup AP flour or a combo of the two), 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 teas. baking soda, 1/2 teas. baking powder, and 1/2 teas. salt.
4. Stir into the banana mixture just until moistened.
5. Stir in 1/2 c. chocolate chips. (Totally all for the semi-sweet ones)
6. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
7. Cool for 5 min. before consuming.

All I can say is DELICIOUS. A pretty good healthy snack that I have made for breakfast or lunch. Plus, the kiddos eat 'em up like nobody's business.





No comments:

Post a Comment