Makes 4 servings
1. Place 1/2 lb-1 lb boneless skinless chicken in your slow cooker (4 qt). Top with 1/2 TBS dried chopped onion, 1 bay leaf, 1/8 teas. pepper, and 1 jar (18 oz) chicken gravy (I used 2 cups chicken gravy from powder). Place 1 sliced celery stalk on top of gravy.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
3. Add frozen mixed vegetables of your choice to the pot 1/2 hour- 15 minutes before serving and switch cooking temperature to high.
4. Before serving, make your biscuits. (I used Bisquick and milk)
5. Remove bay leaf and serve your chicken pot on top of your biscuits.
This was a decent meal. It was pretty easy, and it tasted good. I wanted a chicken pot pie recipe that didn't use pre-cooked chicken, so slow-cooking it made it nice and tender. It would be nicer to have the biscuit topping more incorporated, so we will see if I come up with something different next time I attempt this one.